TOWN HALL HISTORY
The Town Hall was built in 1853 and 1871. It is "a fine example of Victorian civil pride and very vital to hold this corner at the town's centre" to quote the English Heritage listing. The building is made of hard red brick with limestone elements and a slate roof.
For a more detailed history of both the Town Hall and the Town Trust, please see the attached pdf document below.